Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Pommern Website: Mypomerania.com

Since I have recently determined that I have lots of Pommern ancestors, I have discovered a very helpful and interesting website.  Here is the link.  It is a wonderful site and has great maps that show all the neighboring villages.  I know for a fact, that the people in this area moved quite a bit, as I have had to search various parishes to find them.  Knowing which parishes are nearby makes this process easier.

The site is managed by Chris Dewuske who recently acquired some emigration records for Belgard.  Apparently the German government kept lists of people who left from there which can be used as substitutes for where no ship records survived.  These are especially helpful for those headed for Brazil and Canada before coming to the United States. This is wonderful news for those of this area.  Chris is looking for helpers that can read German script to help him index these.  Please let him know if this is of interest to you. Contact him at this address:

mailto:chris@mypomerania.com;



No comments:

Post a Comment