Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories Christmas Tree Ornaments

In the past years, our tree has looked pretty much like this, below:
Which is how it looks now, as well.  I have an admission to make, and I will tell you that in all honesty, Spencer and I do not see eye to eye when it comes to Christmas trees.  I am traditional and he is more for "pretty" and such.  I like the ornaments the kids made in school, and that special people gave to me over the years, and that I have kept and not, for the most part, used in the last years.  He likes the matching bows, ribbons, flowers, and ornaments that all coordinate.  And to me that isn't all that important.  I am more for the memories.  I guess that's the genealogist in me.  So I have in the basement a container with ornaments that haven't been used in a while, but well, one day...maybe I will just haul them all out again! 

I do like the tree which our daughter decorates for us each year, but I miss the old, slightly mismatched sort of tree.

We have lots of German and European ornaments and so I enjoy those and we both agree on those, so no problems there!

Here is a little piece we found in Midway, Utah at Swiss Days two years ago.  We like to go to Swiss Days every chance we get.  It's got some very fun vendors and 2 years ago a man from Wyoming was selling these from patterns he purchased in Germany.  There were so many wonderful things to buy at his booth, I really could have bought a lot of them, because I liked them all.  He was very talented and the prices were not too bad for what you were getting.  Unfortunately, my house is not big enough to hold everything I would have liked! 

Here it is without the lights. 

And of course, the stockings.

I have 4 German pyramids, some Swedish items, Swiss and assorted things like this which are amongst my favorite items.
And my Christmas village.  This is just a small part of it.  I didn't even set all the pieces up this year.  I must be getting lazy! And why do I do all this craziness?  Just for the cute grandkids that enjoy seeing it and knowing that this is Christmas at Grandma's house!'
















 
And last but definitely NOT least, and the "Reason for the Season" .
Spencer made this ceramic nativity when we were first married.  It has suffered a few broken parts over the years, but for the most part survived kids and grandkids quite nicely!
Enjoy the holidays and remember why we are celebrating it!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful decorations Sonja, thank you for the share.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Renata.The same wishes for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete