Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories Day 2 TRADITION!

OK so can you just hear the word "Tradition" as it was sung in "Fiddler on the Roof" ?? Yes, I am being a  little independant and posting  "My own thing" this year.  Some posts may be the prescribed Geneablogger posts, but I am posting as things occur in this Christmas Season.  So, without further ado, here is post 2.
Today we followed tradition, that is, my daughter and 3 of her 4 kids, my parents and myself.  Every year we go to the German Markt sponsored by the German Chorus Harmonie.  They usually have some goodies that we all like, and so that has become "tradition".  This year it didn't seem as though there was quite as much selection as usual, but that could be my imagination.  So here some shots from this.
The boys waiting for the older generations to finish the shopping.  They already picked out what they wanted.

Here is what it looks like at the Markt.  It is in the St. John's Lutheran Church.  We got there a bit early.  We know what we want....and we are always on a mission!
My parents with Gisa and Volker.  Gisa is sort-of my dad's cousin from Freiberg.  My dad was raised by the Geisterts and these were the cousins of the Geistert family.
Mom and Thea. 
They gangs all here...
And a pic of the grandma...Honestly as I look through our pictures, I'm NEVER there.  I guess cause I am the one always taking the pictures.  Hmmm....
Next stop Siegfried's for a little German lunch and more shopping. 
Here are my parents and me having our lunch.  Ty asked that since I work so close by, do I come here EVERY DAY for lunch?  No, sorry, I eat my humble sandwich or whatever at my desk while working on curriculums....But he had a great idea...
So here we are at a new fun place to shop!  It was grand opening of Trader Joe's in Salt Lake.  So since "fighting crowds" for the Christmas shopping bunch, we were right there in the thick of things.  Lots of orgo foods and veggies.  Here's Brecklyn with her own small cart.  She wanted everything in there, but it was a little small.  They also put our stuff in cool Trader Joe bags.  We each got one, yeah!  I imagine that I will come here again on a less crowded day, but grand openings are fun and it's nice and new.
Great grandpa survived the long checkout line and waves.

Jamie texting hubby (I think)
Waiting to check out.  It really didn't take too long and we had a good time.  Shopping with "abandon". 
Anyway, then we went to Pirate O's, another favorite place to get goodies.  Well, I took a couple of pics of the nice displays of wonderful German and European stuff and the man came and said no pictures allowed.  So they lost some free advertising.  And they have such nice stuff.  Oh well!

So that was our fun day.  I'm tired, my feet hurt and it's a wrap for this post.  We will have more traditions, later I am sure.  Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment