Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What a Day! Poland Pilgrimage V. 2 pt. 2

Well, this was truly a most amazing day.  I honestly don't believe I accomplished so much.in one day.  First, I had an appointment with the priest in one of my ancestral villages.  One of the churchbooks had somehow been missed in filming and I was able to get the information from those that was needed.  This was a great start to the day.  Then after this we went to the parish in Jaryszow where I am doing my reconstruction project.  I took many pictures today of the church, the grounds and so on.  We talked to the priest as to whether any records had been found or if there was anything that might help me with my project.  I guess not.  So that was kind of expected, anyway.  Then we went to the cemetery and took pictures of the gravestones so I could add these to my project.  I thought, because it was such a big cemetery that it would take several trips to finish. Sylwia and I finished today.  I took 3 cameras with me.  And this of course was the reason that I took them all, to make sure there was no camera problem, dead batteries or other crazy problems.  So this job was finished in about 1 1/2 -2 hours time.  I am sure that the transcription part will take much, much more time.  But that, of course, can be done at home, as time permits.

Then we went to my relatives in Nogowczcyce.  We had a wonderful visit.  I would like to share pictures with you, but blogger will not show me the "upload" picture file.  So, I believe that when I get home, I will add pictures to my blog entries.  So, for now, this is all that I can do :( .  There is even a picture of me with a large milking cow.  We took many pictures of the "Land", the people, the culture, because I love the WHOLE feel of the place, not just the genealogy.  The last time I was in Poland, it rained and picture taking was not an easy or nice thing.  This time, I have to say that the weather is nice, not so hot that makes being outside miserable, but actually rather pleasant. 

A big surprise that happened at my relatives was that a newspaper lady that writes local history articles in all the weekly papers of the Kreis Gross Strehlitz, interviewed me about the work that I do with the reconstruction of the parish of Jaryszow.  It was very interesting to do and it will be published on Tuesdays edition.  I hope that it will be a good article.  There will be a picture of me.  So I guess that on Tuesday we will hit the newstands and buy about 100 copies.  Just kidding about that number! 

Well, I am very tired and I had better get rest for tomorrow at the Opole archives.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Sonja! I was in Opole several years ago and I remember it was a charing city. My husband and I loved our visit, do you plan on climbing the tower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete