Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Last Hurrah!

Well, today was the last official day of the conference.  I attended 2 classes this morning before I gave my 2nd presentation.  Today I did the Swiss powerpoint.  The attendance was definitely much less than the German one, which was a pretty full classroom.  I would say there were only about 20 people in attendance today.  Just before I got there was a lady from Ireland that gave an Irish presentation in the same room that I was presenting in the next hour.  I decided to go so that I wouldn't  have to worry about being late to my own lecture.  And I learned something new about Irish research.  Not that I am Irish, but my grandkids have Irish on their other grandmother's side.  So maybe it will come in handy some day.  I thought I would take a couple more pictures of the conference center before I left it for the very last time.  So here it is:

So as I was walking between the conference center and the hotel through the skywalk, I saw some WEATHER occurring. 

I am not sure if you can tell from the picture, but it is raining.  There was also some thunder going on.  It was actually quite a little downpour.  Now the sun is peeking through the clouds.  I hope we will have nice flying weather tomorrow.  I have already paid my room and so in the morning, I can just go!  I am excited.  Time to go back home.
Here are some shots from the sports shop area of the conference center.
So, now that's about all the news for today, but I will try to write before I go to bed.  Tonight is our last "Hurrah" for me anyways.  There will be a genealogist's dinner in the hotel ballroom. That starts tonight at abt 6:30.    After that, I guess it's time to pack whats left and then go home.  There is still a brunch in the morning, but I will have left before it starts.  I will write about the dinner if I have time, otherwise, that is everything!  It's been a really fun week.  Sometimes a little hectic, but none-the-less, lots of fun.  Met lots of people, did my assignments and hey, it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment