Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Advent Calendar Dec. 18th, Christmas Stockings

Here are our 4 stockings hanging from the fireplace mantle.  Mine is on the left.  We've had these since the kids were little.  Now they are all grown up and we are now grandparents. When I was little I always had the same stocking also.  I still have it.  Below see my childhood stocking.
Yes, there it is.  And what did I find in it each year?  At the bottom, the toe, there would be an apple and an orange.  I was never really excited about either of those.  It was the candy that interested me at that time.  Fruit wasn't exciting, everyday stuff, right?  As I turn over my "old" stocking, I find it has a little old hole in the back of the toe.  It's good, then, that it has been retired and now pretty much stays in the Christmas bins.  Can't throw it away, right.  I am the "sentimental" type. 

And what do I get in my stockings these days?  Well, Santa has often hidden some jewelry in the toes of my current stocking.  Wonder what he will bring this year?  Have I been a good little girl or do I get the perverbial lump of coal?   I am not big into coal...

The grandkids have gotten BIG stockings from me the last 2 years and will also get one this year...hope they aren't reading this...  I put goodies and gifts.  These big stockings I buy for $1.00 each at the  dollar store.  NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A STOCKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment