Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Advent Calendar Dec 15, The Holiday Happenings



Today's writing prompt was Birthdays, Anniversaries and other occasions...Do they get overshadowed by Christmas.  And then to shine a spotlight on the December people.  I have to say we really don't have a Christmas baby in the family.  We have a Thanksgiving baby and so I can say that every 7 years, his birthday again falls on Thanksgiving and then we have to think of how to make the birthday a little special. 

Other than that we reserve the month for that very special Birthday on Christmas which we all celebrate.  I think it is such a glorious time and I am happy that for us, that is the focus, the birth of our Savior.

Addendum:  You know as I was reading through Google reader the other items from other Genealbloggers, I noted that they wrote about their ancestors with Dec. birthdays.  I should have done that too.  Now, I can only add that my grandmother was born on Dec. 20, 1899.  I don't know really how she celebrated it, because during her life and mine - she was in Germany and I was in Minnesota.  She did come to America for 6 months. That was the only time that I remember seeing her. And we obviously were together at that time (Photo) but I can't remember her birthday.  If there were pictures of it, I am also not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment