Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Koschentin Evangelische Cemetery

Lukas Lenz was recently in Koschentin.  He went to the Evangelische Friedhof (cemetery).  To be honest, I didn't even know that this ever existed because most people there were Catholic church members.  So this was an interesting find.  He was kind enough to send me the pictures that he took and has allowed me to post them on my blog.  There are not many gravestones, but here is what he saw!




I quickly checked the Gemeinde Lexikon for Schlesien in 1908 and at that time there were only 6 Evangelische people that lived in Koschentin.  I wonder if they may have also been buried in the Catholic cemetery then also?  I don't know...it is new and interesting information!  Also the Konig family was also very Catholic at that time, as well, as I have relatives of this name.

No comments:

Post a Comment