Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories Christmas Gifts

As an adult, the funnest part of Christmas is picking things out for the grandkids.  On Facebook last week I saw myself in one of the posts someone made.  It said:

Saw it!
Wanted it!
Told Grandma
GOT IT!

Yes, undoubtedly when the grandkids give me their wish list, they get quite of few of those wishes.  I am a spoiler grandma, I admit it.  I love to see their happiness, their smiles and feel the hugs.  And I guess this year is no different.

As a child I remember not getting that many gifts but I usually got something that I had asked for.  I do remember a doll that stood about 3 ft. tall.  I don't remember if she had a specific name, like a Barbie, Chatty Cathy or whatever it was, but I kind of remember wanting whatever kind of doll she was.  I also know that I have pictures of "us" together in our old Minnesota home.  When you did something with her arm she was supposed to walk with you.  I don't know that she walked all that well, but she did take some steps. 

As I got older, I remember wishing for -- guess what?  A typewriter!  For you younger readers, that is probably pretty funny indeed.  Now with computers being the thing, and much easier to type on, by the way!  I remember that it was a blue typewriter and I remember using typewriters for many years.  It wasn't till sometime in the 80's that I got my first computer.  The most expensive computer that I ever bought and definitely the least able to do very much.  But in both cases, my happiness reigned supreme.  Now as I use my computer and try to figure out the apps on my new laptop, I admit sometimes these get the best of me!  But I continue to learn.  Lifelong learning here!   I do remember that as a teen in high school taking many typing classes.  I don't use the index finger method.  I use all 10 of them and without much effort.  I watch people on the computer keyboard now-a-days using the index finger method.  I wonder if they even teach those things anymore...
Well, enjoy giving and receiving this year.  It is also a time to think about the Gift that Christ gave to us.  That is the ultimate gift! 
 Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment