Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Koszecin, Koschentin, Birthplace of My Grandmother

The old church is getting a "face-lift"  with a new tan colored roof and door frame.

Isn't it pretty?

Now we are going inside!
Beautiful old wooden churches, originally built with dove-tailed wood rather than nails.  I remember my grandmother made me a doll crib without nails.  Interesting...

The old pipe organ.

The alter.

Beautiful ceilings...
Pretty cemetery all around the church.
"Downtown".
A surprise, spur of the moment visit at the Ulfigs, my Koschentin relatives.
Jan, Theresa, Jan's sister and me in back of the house.
We went to the palace to walk the ground and maybe pick up some souvenirs, but the place was all under renovation.  Here the buses for the Slask performing groups were standing because they had a big concert that night.


The palace under renovations.

Looking for shops.

We found a pigeon house here.

Shoveling coal into the basement for the winter days to come.  Not aren't you glad you don't have to do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment