Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Monday, December 12, 2011

Advent Calendar Holiday Travel With Mr. Hope Dec 12



Merry Christmas!
I was trying to remember holiday travel in my life and came up with one thing. College days. Right now my family lives very close together. We don't travel far at all. So with that in mind, I have to think back to when I was younger and attended BYU and my parents were still living in California.  At holiday times, I would usually fly standby from Salt Lake City to Palm Springs, California.

On one particular instance I had a connecting flight from Las Vegas to Palm Springs and much to my bad luck, I was bumped and told that the next flight would be the following day. I was not a happy camper. Being about 17-18 years old, and in Vegas, I was not sure what I would do. I knew no one there at that time.

So, as I stood there the ticket agent must have felt a little sorry for me as this was not a fun situation for me and he said that I should wait a minute while he checked into something for me. After a while he returned and said that there was a private jet going from Vegas to PS and the person who was in this jet agreed to let me fly along. I was elated! I got on the plane and took a seat. It was pretty empty and it was small. Then a familiar face came on board. It was none other than Bob Hope! I couldn't believe my eyes and luck that he would be so kind and let me come along.

After the flight, I was to be picked up by my father. He wasn't there. Hmmmmm....where was he and why hadn't he come. Remember this was before the days of cell phones and instant communication. So I stood in the front of the, then, very small airport at PS. and waited for him. Then up walks Bob Hope swinging a golf club and comes up to me and asks where I was traveling from, where I was going, and carried on a conversation as though we had known each other for years. I couldn't believe it. Where was my dad! I wanted him to meet Bob Hope! After a while a limo came and picked up Mr. Hope. I was still there. And it seemed like forever! Finally my dad gets there. And tells me he'd had a flat tire to fix.....Just his luck and mine!

Anyways, that is my most interesting Holiday travel event!


No comments:

Post a Comment