Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Monday, December 19, 2011

Advent Calendar Dec. 21 Do you Hear What I Hear?

Today's GeneaBlogger post promt is "Christmas Music."  I really enjoy Christmas music.  Growing up I always heard music around the house and at Christmas I heard lots of German Christmas songs.  I liked many of them and they are now a part of every Christmas.  One of my faves is "Kling Gloeckchen".  I doubt that there is a German anywhere that doesn't know this one!

I have lots of Christmas CDs.  A great majority, of course, is German.  Because of my work, I associate with people of many countries and backgrounds.  So we often listen to our various Countries' music and as a result I feel very fortunate to have learned many new Christmas songs, both religious and fun ones.

Each year, I go to the German concert.  Here is a link to the post of the last German concert.  I just took out my Christmas cds.  If I play one every hour of the day, I should get through them all by about one week from now.  So let's start right this minute!  Merry Christmas, everyone.


Here is a little part of my Christmas Village, nothing to do with music, but I am running out of things to write about and I needed a picture....This year my village is a bit smaller than years past, downsizing, I guess.  It's so much work to set up!

Caroling, Caroling, Caroling

Today after I got off work, I saw Carolers in Old English style costumes in front of the Library.  That is always a fun thing to see. 
Here's a shot of that:


1 comment:

  1. I can sympathize with the down sizing... Very nice job anyhow.

    ReplyDelete