Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Old Photos of My Fam

I love old photos, as you can probably tell by now.  They are a treasure.  A reminder of past days, and past lives.  The picture above is that of my father when he was only 6 years old. He was starting school in Freiberg, Germany.  It was customary to receive one of these cones on the first day of school, full of many goodies.  I love this old tradition.  They still do this in Germany.
The photo was taken in 1936.  I even can see the name of the place the photo was developed, Central-Drogerie A1348 Freiberg.


The old home of Otto Henning in Genthin taken in June 1925.   I think it's cool to see the people in the window.  I suspect they are all my ancestors.  I don't know all the names.
This January 1916 picture of Emilie Kopke born Hoeke, Helena and Liesbeth, cousins of my grandfather, Otto Karl Hoeke.  The problem, I can't find this person in my genealogy file? Hmmm...
This picture is Christa Meinberg-Rulff.  The year was 1937.  She is the cousin of my father.
With close inspection, you will see a band-aid on her elbow.  I enjoy seeing the old playthings of children in this time.
This picture of my dad was taken in 1932 in Freiberg.  He was 2 years old.  Cute, huh?  I wonder what kind of skin he was sitting on??

No comments:

Post a Comment