Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Monday, September 5, 2011

Gralla Ruins in Spain

My mom and I along with my mom's sister Ruth and her son Udo, went to Barcelona in 1984.  It seems like forever ago when you subtract the years! 27 years ago!  Yet, Alzheimer's has not set in too badly yet, because I still remember it so well.  I absolutely loved it there.  And here is a picture of the inside of the Gralla estate in Torre Ramona. And the picture below is of the ruins of the old 11th century palace.  It is amazing what history there is in Europe.  In America, history is much more "recent"!

The family that lived in the estate at the time we went was really nice and gave us a grand tour.  I have some wonderful pictures.  She also let me photograph an old family pedigree, which included the Gralla man that went to Polonia, way back when.   Unlike my pedigrees, however, there were no dates on it.  So it makes it hard to figure who is who and when everyone was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment