Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Poland Pilgrimage Day 13


We are at a relative in Nogawczyce.  The lady 2nd from left is 82 and a Palus wife and the other two ladies are her daughters.  I was happy to meet them along with Dominika, who is a young woman that helped me find some common genealogy over the past 3 years.  She told me that in the beginning that Nogawczyce had only 2 families, Palus and Heide.  Pretty much everyone that lives in town today is from one of these families, unless they are move-ins.  Dominika's mom gave me a book and fed us dinner tonight.



They had old family photos which I took pictures of with my camera and believe it or not they looked better in the photo of the photo than in the original.  Everyone was so surprised.  Here is a Palus gathering at the Jaryszow church where they attended.  I was told that the family was ordered to change the spelling from Pallus to Palus or they would be in trouble with the Polish government. 
Here is Dominika in the center and her sister-in-law at the left. 

Yes, here he is, ready to get me the 35th time.

No comments:

Post a Comment