Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Arolsen ITS International Tracing Service begins To go Online

Here is the link to the Bad Arolsen site https://digitalcollections.its-arolsen.org .They have put 50,000 images online of records from the Nazi Regime.  There is no charge and the collection will continue to grow as there are about 30 million documents.  As I looked I found many personal documents, pictures of unknown people.  These pictures that were found and not identified touched me because as my mom fled Breslau, she took her photo albums which had pictures of soldiers who were relatives of theirs.  As they went to the train station my grandmother insisted that my mom drop the pictures and "lose" them so not to have them cause them more trouble later on.  As a result, we have no photos of my mom, grandmother or aunt before the War.  It's sad.  I have a feeling I will be spending quite some time on this site.



No comments:

Post a Comment