Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Exciting news!

Well, I used to be really jealous of my Czech co-worker at the Library.  The reason why this was is the fact that previously the Czech Rep.  went from having no filmed church records to suddenly putting them all online at a no cost website.  I having the need for Polish records, knew that many were available on film, but not much online.  A little for me on FamilySearch, thank goodness, but as a whole, it wasn't much.  My Czech friend was using the online images and everything was going online there and I was a little jealous.  Can you blame me. 

But!  Now I am sharing a link that is made public by the Polish archives:  http://www.archiwa.gov.pl/pl/component/content/article/63-aktualnosci/3539-uatwienia-w-korzystaniu-z-zasobu-archiwow-pastwowych-od-dzi.html .  This link is of course all in the Polish language.  And for those like me, who don't know Polish, do a little "Google translate"  and you will get the jist of the story.  It's wonderful news.  And I can't wait till this all transpires.  I will keep you posted as I hear more that can be shared!

No comments:

Post a Comment