Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Another Tombstone Tuesday

It is Tuesday, isn't it?  Anyway, I was very lucky today to get a few pictures of stones from an ancestral parish in Jaryszow/Jarischau Poland.  This is the town for which I am working on reconstructing the church records because they were all lost in WWII.  A sad time in history that caused deaths and destruction to wonderful people, beautiful cities and artifacts of history that will not be replaced. 

I have a friend through the internet who is Christoph Sottor.  He has shared much information with me regarding Jaryszow and the villages which belong to the parish.  He has sent some photos from the cemetery. 


Here is the grave of Jan Sotor who died in 1999.  This is Christoph's father.


Here the grave of Marta Smieja who died in 1978.  This is Christoph's grandmother.










Here is the grave of Agnieska Sotor, his grandmother who died 29 May 1977.  Two days later, another woman with the same name passed away.



Here is an overview of the cemetery.  I was here once and totally "forgot" (how could I be so forgetful) to photograph the tombstones for my project.  I must have been tired???







Here are many graves which I will try to add to my Jaryszow project.
This was a nice thing to receive today.  Perfect timing for tombstone Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment