Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Advent Calendar Sweetheart Memories Dec. 23

Well, I think this brings back a small memory.  I guess that Spencer and I had just started to "date".  I put quotation marks, because I don't know if we actually dated or if we just "hung out".  I had been seeing a couple of other guys, whose names now escape me.  "A Senior moment?"

Anyways, it was time to go home for the Christmas break to California, where my parents were still living at that time.  I didn't especially have any strong feelings for Spencer or the others I was seeing.  Everything was just rather casual to me.  Spencer said he would call at my parent's home over the holidays.  But what happened? He came to see me as he was at his relatives in Upland, California.  He seemed to be much more interested in me than I in him at that time.  My parents noticed that and mentioned it to me.  I guess somehow after that, things got more serious.  I have to say for me, it was not "love at first sight", I suppose I kind of grew into it as time went on.  It is funny to think back on things as it is a little fuzzy with time.  But I see that we are now together for 37 years.  So we toughed out the hard times of early marriage without money and much else and now are in a more comfortable place. 

Now I get to spend every Christmas with my sweetheart and hope that there are many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment