Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Advent Calendar Dec 12 Charitable/Volunteer Work

I don't have a lot to write here.  As a child, we didn't have a lot.  So we didn't have too much to give except to friends, family and each other.  That took extra work and imagination on all our parts back then. 

Now-a-days, I work full-time and when I get home, don't feel much like going and doing too much beyond what I already do each day.  I do give money to my Church funds and they distribute it as needed.  At this time in my life, that is how it is.

An old friend at work did this one Christmas, though.  She had four kids living at home still and decided she was tired of the worldliness of Christmas, so she told her kids that all the money that would have been spent on their gifts would now go to the homeless shelters and that they would work at the soup kitchens.  And they did.  I know that she hasn't done that again.  She did like the experience for that year, however. 

So, this post will be a bit short. Sorry to say :(

No comments:

Post a Comment