Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

ITS International Tracing Service

On Tuesday we had a speaker, Diane Afounada, from the International Tracing Service in Washington, DC speak to staff at the Family History Library.  She really interested me as she spoke about their free service in helping people find records of their family members who might have been Jewish Holocaust victims, displaced persons in war camps, and other groups that may have been persecuted during the WWII time.

She mentioned having records of both Jews and non-Jews that were in various camps and that they were recorded there.  I wondered if my mother, aunt and grandmother's records might possibly be on the database which she checked for me.  On the two databases that she had on her computer, she searched for their names.  Finding no records, she told me to go to the form for which she sent me the link so that I could fill in the necessary information, which I did.  Then I was to email her and let her know so that she would have her staff check other databases as well.  She also told me to share the information with any others that might be interested in searching for a family member.

Here is the link to the registration: http://www.ushmm.org/remember/the-holocaust-survivors-and-victims-resource-center/benjamin-and-vladka-meed-registry-of-holocaust-survivors

And you may contact Diane Afounada at the following email:  dafoumado@ushmm.org

No comments:

Post a Comment