Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas to Me Pictures of Belmonty!

Over the past months, I have gotten notifications from a woman who is a genealogical researcher in the Baltic area and we connected on the social network LinkedIn. After some correspondence I connected her with some researchers and we got to know one another and I wrote her about my own personal research needs in that area.  Those were for the Franz Gralla family that was my great-grandfather who because of poaching in the Prince Hohenlohe's forests in Koszecin/Koschentin, now in Poland.  After he was "finally" caught for his poaching, the Prince, whom he worked for as a forest ranger, but who was also a kindly Prince and his friend, sent him to Belmonty to work there in an effort to work off his punishment without being in prison.  The place he then worked was in Belmonty.  He and my great-grandmother, Florentine Ochmann, had a few children born and die there.  I always wanted to have an exact record of those things. 

My new friend, the researcher whose name is Anastasia Dmitrienko has been helping me and writing letters to find where the actual records are located.  In the meantime, she has sent me two links of pictures of the church in Belmonty and of other views.  Here are the links:

For the church: 
 
and for the Belmont Park and manor from 1780-1920 the link is:
 
 
In the past, I had googled and googled in the hopes of finding some pictures of this place to no avail.  I suspect that is because the Cyrillic alphabet...and that caused the difficulty.  It is nice to have these links and be able to share them with others who might have wondered about this place, too.
 
If others are interested in learning about Anastasia's research work, you can contact her at the following address:  anastasiia.dmitrienko (at) gmail (dot) com 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment