Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Schlesier Anschriftenliste 1. 4. 1946


As I was looking through my files, I found 4 pages of a publication with the above title. On these 4 pages is found an A-L listing of Silesians separated from loved ones in WWII. The list gives the name of the person from Schlesien who is looking for another friend or loved one. They give their address and former residence. I wish I knew where there were more of these lists. I found them most interesting. This publication came from the following address:

Schlesier Dienst-Adressbuch Verlag

Spezial-Adressen-Archiv schlesischer Landsleute

Jüterbog, Moenchnerstr. 37.




As I read through the names, it reminds me of my mom's experiences of having to flea from Breslau. And wondering if she would ever hear from of see any of her relatives again. I wonder if any of the people in these 4 pages of names found anyone they were looking for. It's a sad thing.




Here is a sample of what it looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment