Sadow Parish 2010

Sadow Parish 2010

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Jaryszow Parish Surname Project (Kreis Gross Strehlitz ) Pt 2

Well, this week I have been working really hard to try to get all my new names into my Excel file.  I am almost done, just doing a little double checking.  I put a little blurb about my project into my Oberschlesien research group list-server.  It looks like others are doing similar reconstruction projects.  I think its great since no other records are available in the church itself.  I hope that others on the list will see my email and respond with data to add to the project.  I also have some addresses to write to in Nogawczyce of people who know more about the old times.  I think that would be wonderful.  Here is a pic of the church. 

While we were there the first time, we learned of the "Healing Lady" that lives by the church.  Each time we were here, there were cars lined up with people coming to her from all over to be healed of their infirmities.  I found that sort of interesting.  Maybe I should have made a visit to her!  Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment